7 Reasons to invest in Rwanda
Rwanda is a resilient, forward looking country with a vision to elevate to a middle income, service and knowledge based economy by 2020.
1. Sustained High Economic Growth
- 8.16% average year-on-year real GDP growth rate from 2007-2011, stable inflation and exchange rate
- 3 year GDP growth rate one of the highest among African economies and neighboring countries
2. Robust Governance
3. Access to Markets
- Market of over 10 million people with a rapidly growing middle class
- A hub for rapidly integrating East Africa: located centrally bordering 3 countries in East Africa, part of EAC Common Market and Customers Union with market potential of over 125 million people
4. Investor Friendly Climate
5. Untapped Investment Opportunities
- Potential opportunities for investment abound, particularly in the following sectors:
- Infrastructure: Opportunities in rail, air transportation to further develop Rwanda as an EAC hub
- Agriculture: Backbone of economy. Potential for growth through productivity and value addition
- Energy: Power generation, off grid generation and significant methane gas, hydro and other opportunities
- Tourism: Unique assets creating booming sector, growth potential in birding and business/conference tourism
- Information and communication Technology: Priority sector for Vision 2020, new ICT park to be developed
- Other attractive sectors include Real estate and construction, financial servicesand mining
6. Preferential Trade Regimes
Member of the East Africa community common market.
Rwanda has a duty-free quota-free market access for goods entering the:
- European Union market
- American market through the American growth and opportunity act agreement.
Signed bilateral investment traties with countries i.s. USA, South Korea and Congo Brazaville.
Double taxation agreement with Mauritius, South Africa, Government of Jersey and the 4 partner states of East African community.
7. Business opportunity – Large market size
+11 000 000 people
- EAC (East African Community) :
+162 000 000 people
- COMESA (Common Market for Eastern & Southern Africa) :
+430 000 000 people
- CEPEGL (Economic Community of Great Lakes Countries) :
+90 000 000 people
The Rwanda Development Board (RDB) has established One Stop Centre combining all investment –related services aimed at facilitating investors starting their business in a timely manner. For more information click on the following useful link: www.rdb.rw