Important Notice: New Visa Regime
Reference to Cabinet meeting of 08.11.2017 that approved the establishment of new visa regime for the Republic of Rwanda; the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration would like to inform the public that from January 1st 2018, citizens of all countries will obtain a 30 days visa upon arrival .
The Embassy of Rwanda in Geneva issues the following types of visas: diplomatic, tourist/visit, transit, conference and business visa.
Diplomatic and Service Passeports
A new Visa Waver Agreement for holders of Diplomatic and Service Passeports from: Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, India, Israel, Moroco and Turkey. This takes immediate effect.
In view of reciprocal basis, Rwanda will grant visa free of charge with a 90 days validity to the following countries: Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, Ghana, Guinea, Indonesia, Haiti, Senegal, Seychelles and Sao Tome and Principe. This is addition to Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), East African Community Partner States, Mauritius, Philippines and Singapore. This takes immediate effect.
COMESA Member State
COMESA Member States shall obtain a 90 days visa on arrival. This takes immediate effect.
East African Tourist Visa
East African Tourist Visa is available for travel to Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
Rwandans living abroad travelling to Rwanda on foreign passeports in possession of Rwandan ldentity Cards are allowed to use their Rwandan National IDs on entry for countries that permit dual nationality only. This takes immediate effect.
Foreign residents returning to Rwanda and holding a valid Residence Permit with corresponding Residents Cards will be allowed to use them on entry, including using Automated Passenger Clearance System at Kigali Intenational Airport.
- A passport or any genuine acceptable travel document valid not less than 6 months
- One recent colour passport size picture with a white background (the photo should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable)
- Completed application form
- Invitation letter (with full contact of the inviting person or organization)
- Valid round trip ticket or itinerary
- Proof of payment
- Visa applications received via post must include a self-addressed stamped envelope for express mail, courier, registered mail
Visa fees (New rates effective by 31st July 2016):
- CHF 30 : Transit visa (for maximum 72 hours on the territory)
- CHF 50 : Multiple entry visa (Tourist, Family visit, Conference and Business visa)
- CHF 100 : East African Tourist visa ( T12)
- CHF 100 : Tourist group visa (4 to 10 people)
Processing Time and Payment:
The processing time for a visa is five (5) working days.
The Embassy does not accept cash, personal checks or credit cards as means of payment. All payments are made through:
- Beneficiary: Embassy of Rwanda in Switzerland
- Bank name: UBS S.A.
- Account Number: 279-HU105113.4
- IBAN: CH86 0027 9279 HU 10 5113 4
- SWIFTCODE: UBSWCHZH80A
- Postal code: 80-2-2 (The code of UBS to add on BVR when the payment is made via the Post office)
For more information, please visit www.migration.gov.rw