In view of bilateral agreements, nationals of the following countries may visit Rwanda without visa for a period up to 90 days: Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Mauritius, Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines.
The Embassy of Rwanda in Geneva issues the following types of visas: diplomatic, tourist/visit, transit, conference and business visa.
East African Tourist Visa is available for travel to Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. Nationals of all African countries traveling to or transiting through Rwanda will be issued with entry visa upon arrival at any Rwandan entry point.
EAC Partner states citizens’ are issued a six month visitors pass (renewable) at entry points with no fee.
Entry visa and payment fees upon arrival at any Rwanda entry point without prior application will be granted to nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom and, United States of America. The entry visa fee is 30 USD, valid for a period of up to 30 days. Nationals of the mentioned countries may also choose to get a visa at Rwanda Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York) or online.
- Completed application form
- Invitation letter (with full contact of the inviting person or organization)
- Valid round trip ticket or itinerary
- A copy of the yellow fever vaccination card (Do not send original card)
- One recent colour passport size picture with a white background (the photo should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable)
- A passport valid for a minimum of six months
- Proof of payment
- Visa applications received via post must include a self-addressed stamped envelope for express mail, courier, registered mail
Visa fees (New rates effective by 31st July 2016):
- CHF 30 : Transit visa
- CHF 50 : Multiple entry visa (Tourist, Family visit, Conference and Business visa)
- CHF 100 : East African Tourist visa ( T12)
- CHF 100 : Tourist group visa (4 to 10 people)
Processing Time and Payment:
The processing time for a visa is 3 business days.
The Embassy does not accept cash, personal checks or credit cards as means of payment. All payments are made through:
- Beneficiary: Embassy of Rwanda in Switzerland
- Bank name: UBS S.A.
- Account Number: 279-HU105113.4
- IBAN: CH86 0027 9279 HU 10 5113 4
- SWIFTCODE: UBSWCHZH80A
- Postal code: 80-2-2 (The code of UBS Bank to use when the payment is made through the Post office)
For more information, please visit www.migration.gov.rw